1. What kind of vacations can I book? Ocean Cruises, River cruises, Globus Family of Brands (Globus Coach Tours , Cosmos Coach Tours, Avalon River Cruises) Collette Worldwide Tours, Country Walkers Tours, Disney, Hawaiian vacations, Gate 1 tours, , and shore excursions via Venture Ashore and Viator. Plus many others, you just need to ask me! If you'd like to book your own vacation, you can go to the Find A Vacation page and explore your options there. You can book directly from the links, or contact me and I will book the one you chose.
2. Is there a Formal Night on my cruise? Yes and No; Depends on the cruise line you are on. Viking Ocean, River Cruises and Virgin Cruises do not have formal nights Gentlemen: A collared shirt and slacks with or without sports coat, suit or tux . Ladies: Slacks and a fancy shirt, a nice dress/skirt, cocktail dress or formal.. Lots of options Please be aware that shorts, tank tops, jeans are not allowed in the dining room at dinner.
3. What time can we board? Usually after 12:00 noon. Your boarding documents will give you specifics. Things have changed post COVID You MUST be on board 2 hours before departure.
4. If we drive, where can we park? Do a Google search for parking (then name the port) you will find lots of options from parking right at the port, to a close by airport or secured lot.
5. If we fly, how do we get to the port and back to the airport? When staying overnight prior to the cruise, I can often find you a hotel that will offer airport pick up and cruise drop off for a minimal fee. You can set up transfers back to the airport either with the cruise line bus, or a taxi. You can often set up a tour that will drop you off at the airport in time for your flight.
6. What is included in the price? All your meals. Most room service menu items. On board activities, games, shows, and music venues. On board gym. See exceptions below...
7. What is not included in the price? Specialty activities, such as rock climbing, bowling may incur an additional fee Optional Specialty dining room service Spa Services e.g. Massages, hair salon Gym Classes e.g. Spin classes, yoga classes Optional specialty snacks Alcoholic beverages, Soda, Bottled water ~ You can purchase soda and alcoholic beverage packages once you board. Shore Excursions Gambling Gift shop purchases
8. What about gratuities? Your on board account will be charged daily according to the cruise lines policy, or you can pre-pay. This gives gratuities to all those who serve you during your stay on board. Your waiters, beverage waiters, room stewards, as well as those staff that work behind the scenes for your comfort. You can choose to increase or decrease this amount by speaking with someone at the Pursers Office on board. Any drinks you purchase on board will have an automatic 15% gratuity added to them at time of service.
Some cruise lines now include gratuities as part of the cruise rate.
9. How do I pay for on board purchases? When you board, you will supply a credit card number that authorizes the cruise line to charge that card for purchases you make while on board. You will receive a credit card sized room key. This key is also used as a credit card for your on board purchases. You can check with the Purser's Office to monitor your charges. Be sure to verify all charges prior to disembarking. Some of the newer ships allow you to monitor this via an interactive TV set in your cabin. Each guest can have their own account.
10. What about photos? Many ships have professional photographers on the ship throughout the cruise who will be taking photos of you and your group. There is no sitting fee, and no obligation to purchase any photos. Formal night is a great time to have some photos taken. Photos will be displayed throughout your time on board and you can purchase photos as you choose.
11. What should I pack? This is my least favorite part of traveling! So.. I will try to share my experience with you. PACK LIGHT. There are two kinds of travelers, those who pack light, and those who wish they did. On a cruise, you might change your clothes 3-4 times a day! 1. Morning exercise 2. Shore time. Be sure to determine what type of experiences you want to do ashore, so you bring the right clothing/shoes. 3. Back on board to relax around the pool (bathing suit, shorts or coverup and SUN SCREEN!) 4. Dinner attire from Tropical Casual to Formal 5. Be sure to bring a sweater you can pair with your dinner outfits.. Sometimes the dining room or theatre can get awfully chilly. I am able to put all of this plus my pj's, undies, toiletries and electronics/cameras into a small backpack and a 22" carry-on.
12. Cell phone usage while on vacation Before leaving home, check with your carrier. If you do not want a specific plan, once you leave the United States, put your phone on Airplane Mode and set up Wi-Fi calling in order to make calls. 13. If you a have any other questions, please be sure to contact me
Contact us soon! Please send an e-mail telling us where you Hope to Go and let us help get you there!