1. Is there a Formal Night? Yes. You can choose to go black tie, or less formal. Gentlemen: A collared shirt and slacks with or without sports coat, suit or tux . Ladies: Slacks and a fancy shirt, a nice dress/skirt, cocktail dress or formal.. Lots of options Please be aware that shorts, tank tops, jeans are not allowed in the dining room at dinner.
2. What time can we board? Usually after 12:00 noon. The buffet will be open for a great lunch when you board. You MUST be on board 2 hours before departure.
3. If we drive, where can we park? Do a Google search for parking (then name the port) you will find lots of options from parking right at the port, to a close by airport or secured lot.
4. If we fly, how do we get to the port and back to the airport? When staying overnight prior to the cruise, I can often find you a hotel that will offer airport pick up and cruise drop off for a minimal fee. You can set up transfers back to the airport either with the cruise line bus, or a taxi. You can often set up a tour that will drop you off at the airport in time for your flight.
3. What is included in the price? All your meals Most room service menu items On board activities, games, shows, and music venues On board gym See exceptions below...
4. What is not included in the price? Specialty activities, such as rock climbing, bowling may incur an additional fee Optional Specialty dining room service Spa Services e.g. Massages, hair salon Gym Classes e.g. Spin classes, yoga classes Optional specialty snacks Alcoholic beverages, Soda, Bottled water ~ You can purchase soda and alcoholic beverage packages once you board. Shore Excursions Gambling Gift shop purchases
5. What about gratuities? Your on board account will be charged $12 per person per day. This gives gratuities to all those who serve you during your stay on board. Your waiters, beverage waiters, room stewards, as well as those staff that work behind the scenes for your comfort. You can choose to increase or decrease this amount by speaking with someone at the Pursers Office on board. Any drinks you purchase on board will have an automatic 15% gratuity added to them at time of service.
6. How do I pay for on board purchases? When you board, you will supply a credit card number that authorizes the cruise line to charge that card for purchases you make while on board. You will receive a credit card sized room key. This key is also used as a credit card for your on board purchases. You can check with the Purser's Office to monitor your charges. Be sure to verify all charges prior to disembarking. Some of the newer ships allow you to monitor this via an interactive TV set in your cabin.
7. What about photos? They have professional photographers on the ship throughout the cruise who will be taking photos of you and your group. There is no sitting fee, and no obligation to purchase any photos. Formal night is a great time to have some photos taken. Photos will be displayed throughout your time on board and you can purchase photos as you choose.
8. What should I pack? This is my least favorite part of travelling! So.. I will try to share my experience with you. On a cruise, you might change your clothes 3-4 times a day! 1. Morning exercise 2. Shore time. Be sure to determine what type of experiences you want to do ashore, so you bring the right clothing/shoes. 3. Back on board to relax around the pool (bathing suit, shorts or coverup and SUN SCREEN!) 4. Dinner attire from Tropical Casual to Formal 5. Be sure to bring a sweater you can pair with your dinner outfits.. Sometimes the dining room or theatre can get awfully chilly. I am able to put all of this plus my pj's, undies, toiletries and electronics/cameras into a small backpack and a 22" carry-on.
9. If you a have any other questions, please be sure to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us soon! Please send an e-mail telling us where you Hope to Go and let us help get you there!